I finally finished this! I knew the red bit was going to challenging, but I didn’t expect it to take almost two months 🙂 The black doodles were not much help, but the quality was good, and there were also some differences in shade, with some areas brighter red than others.
There were over 500 red pieces, and when there were about 430 left I started using an app to keep count of how many pieces I’d placed. I’ve tried it before, but I always forgot to use it after a couple of pieces, but here it worked well, and it was good to see progress on the counter when somehow the puzzle looked the same … I used the counter until I had about 160 pieces left, after that it went so fast there was no point anymore.
I really like the image, too bad about the missing piece (near the top, in the black area).