I finally managed to finish Fish Magic, a painting by Paul Klee from 1925. The dark parts were quite challenging, and some pieces probably are placed wrong (there were at least two places for each piece where they fit perfectly, and sometimes it was very difficult to know which slot was correct). Each row had a repeating pattern, so that the exact same shape would appear twice in each row. I used this to identify what shape of piece I was looking for, and that helped a lot.
I even had some of the pieces in orderly rows to make it easier to find pieces. I’m usually far too lazy for something like this, but with this one, I really needed all the help I could get.
Next, I will do something much easier!